Nov 30, 2009

MISCELLANEOUS

SONY DSC
Right- so as my post title clearly indicates, today I feel like sharing visual snippets of randomness that has been happening in my kitchen lately.

One involves an appetizer-ish idea that I actually came up with while driving back home (for some reason, I always get all my ideas while driving or sleeping, hmm...) and the other is an absolutely fantastic mushroom Gordon Ramsay sauce- absolutely DIVINE.

Do you happen to have some olives, cheese (feta ideally) and a roll of puff pastry (yes, I admit- puff pastry is one of the few things I don't make from scratch!) at your disposal? Make some tall chunky crunchy appetizer sticks to nibble on with a good glass of wine.
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
They don't have to look perfect- that's the whole point of making these at home rather then giving into industrial ready-made puff pastry sticks!
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
Admire the layers of crunch! mmm
SONY DSC

And now moving onto something totally different: the magical Mushroom, sherry & grain sauce concocted by the very talented (and furiously hot blooded chef!) Gordon Ramsay.

Definately not the most photogenic sauce... but it was absolutely delicious!
SONY DSC

I served it with beef filet, but I cleaned the leftovers away with bread! Definately a versatile sauce that would go just as well with beef, chicken, or pasta.
SONY DSC

Have a great start of the week everyone!
x
Marianna

5 comments:

Nina Timm said...

I am not a Ramsay fan, but sauce redeems him somewhat!!!!

Love the olive appetizers....

MizThreefivesix said...

I am with Nina Timm here - and it all looks divine.

Bo said...

Your photos are great! I am blown away.

Anonymous said...

your photographs are stunning! if you don't mind my asking, what kind of camera do you use?

Marianna said...

hi anonymousm thx so much for the comment! im using a sony alpha 200 :)